LinkPoint® API (Application Programming Interface) is comprehensive payment processing software for the merchant who requires a more sophisticated payment solution. LinkPoint API gives merchants complete control over how their payments are processed, and allows them to build transaction processing applications that can process payments from a web site or from multiple point-of-sale terminals. Ideal for either e-commerce or large-scale retail situations, LinkPoint API uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt and pass confidential transaction and order information directly to the LinkPoint Secure Payment Gateway.
Downloads and Demos:
- LinkPoint API User Manual
- LinkPoint API Sample Code
- LinkPoint Web Service API User Manual (New)
- LinkPoint Product Overview Video
- View Applications and Features List
LinkPoint API is pre-integrated with many popular ecommerce shopping cart applications. If you decide to use one of these third party ecommerce solutions, most of the work has already been done for you. If you are developing a custom ecommerce solution, LinkPoint API includes a diverse set of features to help you get the job done. Below is a flow chart of a typical LinkPoint API ecommerce solution.
LinkPoint API Process Flow:
- Once your site is ready to process orders a customer visits your website and reviews your online catalog. They select items for purchase and click the Add to Cart button.
- When the customer is finished shopping and ready to check out they click on the View Cart button, and then on the Check Out button.
- The customer is transferred to an SSL-secured payment form, where they enter their billing and shipping address, credit card information, and e-mail address.
- The order and payment data are transmitted through an SSL-secure Internet connection to your SSL-secured web server.
- Your shopping cart software and the LinkPoint API work together to process the order.
- LinkPoint then transmits the order and payment information to the credit card processing network through a dedicated lease line and receives a response.
- The LinkPoint API automatically sends the customer an e-mail receipt for their purchase and returns order confirmation information through your secure web server, containing order details and instructions for any downloadable items.
- All order and payment information is posted back to your web server.
- Finally, the customer is returned to an Order Confirmed page on your website that outlines the details of the order and reminds the customer that a receipt has been e-mailed.
Apply online today!
Or call us toll-free at (866) 913-3220